We are always traveling, whether in our faith, in our relationships, in our wisdom and knowledge, or on the road.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!..... and Art Day 17

Hi Everybody!

I hope the Christmas and New Years parties were fun and exciting.
My family came around and we played board games for pretty much 3 days straight. Ate amazing food! (My mom is an amazing cook: my favorite was Christmas Dinner-- Beef Wellington)

Our Annual New Year's Eve party was awesome, of course. I won a game of risk that lasted until 9 a.m.
(Not as nerdy as it sounds, hahaha)

Anyways, if anybody reads this, sorry I didn't post the regular art days, but I hope you understand.

Art Day 17: Hand-ology
[ology means "study of" ]



After drawing so much of on material, portraits, and so specific a subject, Civil War Generals, I decided to go back to the basics. Because I had no formal drawing class,  I didn't really know where to start. I eventually decided on the hand as being an excellent subject because of the infinite positions, angles, and shadows. (The set above was actually drawn on the back of church offering envelopes during Community Bible Study lectures, along with a random shoe)

The below picture was a sketch of my own hand in the most finger-twisted open position I could come up with.
 Next I decided to move farther up the arm, trying to capture the muscles and miniscule skin definitions from veins and such. Picture below is titled "Grip."

No comments:

Post a Comment