We are always traveling, whether in our faith, in our relationships, in our wisdom and knowledge, or on the road.

Friday, December 14, 2012

Art: Day 7





Day 7: Robert E. Lee

A part of a phase of portraiture focusing on Civil War generals (I had a civil war book I was drawing out of), this was a picture that really tried to define the character of the man just by his expression. I purposefully left the uniform minimal to draw the viewer's attention to the face. With a harsh vertical shadow, my shading created deep-set and severe eyes. This sharpness allied with defined cheekbones and nose fulfill a commanding persona, as fit in such a character as Robert E. Lee.

This work won Best of Show at the county fair for all age-groups' drawing. I was 14 at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment